It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:28 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: FC United v Warrington Town FC 29/2/20 3pm ko
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:12 pm 

Today’s programme notes from Reno:

I couldn’t have been prouder of the way that the lads bounced back at Nantwich on Tuesday night.
Last Saturday was a disappointing day for everyone. We’ve no excuses for the result; we were simply outplayed and outworked for large parts of the match, and Bamber Bridge were deserved winners.
On a personal level, as a manager, you never want to go back to your old club and come out on the end of a result like that. Obviously a few of the lads have history there too, and
I think it’s reasonable to say that it certainly gave Brig that extra bit of motivation to go out there and stick it to us. Whilst we had a frank and honest discussion in
the dressing room after the game, there was no thought in my mind that it was going to be the start of a downward spiral for us.
It was important to put things right straight away as we start a run of big games against our fellow play-off contenders, and we did just that at Nantwich.
I thought we were magnificent all across the park on Tuesday night. We made a bit of a tactical change, pushing Curtis up into midfield, and it really paid off for us.
It’s not easy to single players out for praise after a showing like that, but it’s hard not to mention just how immense Michael Potts has been of late.
It’s easy to forget how young a side this is overall, and having a player like Pottsy - who is wise beyond his years - is an enormous boost. He leads by example, as any true captain must.
Everyone in that dressing room is geared up for the final two months of the season, all focused on the same goal. There are players who perhaps haven’t had as much game time as they’d like, but are simply getting on with giving it everything in training and supporting their team-mates.
Ben Kerr is a great example of that. He’s never stopped working hard and I thought he put in a superb shift on Tuesday night.
We are obviously still suffering from injury problems, which hit us harder than it would many other clubs due to the small squad we maintain. With most of these, we are simply having to take it on a day-by-day basis to see who is fit to play.
That has driven the need for the loan signings we’ve made in recent weeks. I know some people will bring up previous comments I’ve made about preferring to not bring players in on loan, but it’s a case of needs must at times.
One thing I will stress is that we’re not bringing in just anyone; one of the first questions I ask managers is about attitude, and how they’ll take to coming to us. They have to be a good fit, and I think that’s what really separates this group from last season.
Ultimately, finance is a big driver. At this stage of the season, all the contenders are looking at similar players to strengthen for the run-in, and we’re not in a position to compete on wages.
The contributions we make to loan players’ wages is simply more cost-effective for us. As much as I want to win promotion, I’m not willing to blow the budget to do so.
It’s another big game this afternoon as we welcome Warrington Town.
Paul’s side came out on top in the FA Cup tie here back in September, before we took our revenge with a hard-fought league victory a few days later.
Today’s match has huge play-off implications, so it’s all to play for, and I’m sure we’re in for a cracking game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:12 pm 

Philistine wrote:
Get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

is there an echo in 'ere ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:16 pm 

TheBigRed wrote:
Philistine wrote:
Get iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

is there an echo in 'ere ;)

Ask Narcissus

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:17 pm 

Back from the shower ¿'ave we scored yet?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:21 pm 

Lancaster 2 down at Hyde

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:22 pm 

FCUMinMadrid wrote:
Back from the shower ¿'ave we scored yet?

yep, so you may need to take another one just before half time

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:24 pm 

Tunde needs some luck and a goal to get his confidence back.
Reckon they'll be no stopping him again then

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:30 pm 

Lancaster nick one back now 2-1

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:33 pm 

South Shields now 2-0 up

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:35 pm 

Big Red aka vidiprinter :lol:

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next