It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: FC United v Stafford Rangers 18/2/20 7.45pm ko
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:44 pm 

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: FC United v Stafford Rangers 18/2/20 7.45pm ko
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:21 pm 

Evening all from an overcast slightly drizzly southern Spain. Just had 3 days of wall to wall blue skies & 25degs so no complaints.
Hope Storm Dennis didn’t cause any of you any grief.
Only one other game tonight. Warrington v Grantham
VAMOS LOS ROJOS

Reno’s programme notes:

It’s been a funny month for us since the defeat at Barrow in the FA Trophy.
We remain unbeaten in the league since then, and we’re in the final of the Manchester Premier Cup, but I think it’s fair to say that some of the football we’ve played has not been at our free-flowing best. We went into the match at Barrow on a real high, coming off a lengthy unbeaten run and two good league victories in the week before the game. As a player, losing by the sort of score- line we did inevitably has an impact on confidence. We had a really good group discussion at training a couple of weeks ago and got everything out in the open. I made it clear to the lads that there was absolutely nothing to be ashamed of with the result at Holker Street.
Barrow are the best side I’ve come up against as a manager. They’re comfortably the top scorers in what is a very competitive National League, odds-on favourites for that title, and they put out their strongest side against us. We treat is as a learning experience and put it behind us. I thought we definitely did that at Basford last Saturday. Having faced them three times now this season, for me, they are the best side we have come up against in this division. We more than held our own at Greenwich Avenue and had chances to take all three points.
I had a good chat with Steve Chettle after the game. He spoke very highly of us, and I see that as a real compliment given how good a side he has there.
As we approach the real business end of the season, I think we deserve to be really proud of how far we’ve come so far. One of the objectives at the start of the season was to win some silverware, and we’re now just 90 minutes away from achieving that.
We had to really battle to come out on top against Irlam. They showed real spirit, and I think it’s fair to say that they were the better side for periods of the game. However we did enough to hold on for the win, and have a final against Trafford to look forward to.
Looking to the league, we’re certainly ahead of the target we set ourselves in the summer. Top scorers, fewest games lost, and I n the mix not just for the playoff spots, but in the title race. I don’t like to go on too much about resources, but given what we have available to us, we’ve really no right to be competing with the sort of sides that we are.
We had a really good team bonding session last Tuesday night, and everyone was buzzing to get back on that pitch, so it was disappointing to have Saturday’s match against Atherton fall victim to Storm Dennis. I know how hard Graham and Jimmy work to get games on in difficult conditions, so I was absolutely gutted for them.
We welcome Stafford Rangers to Broadhurst Park this evening. The match at Marston Road in September certainly wasn’t our best performance of the season, but we ultimately came away with a point.
One benefit of Saturday’s postponement is an extra couple of days for the lads who have picked up knocks to recover. Rangers have been showing some real fight of late, with just one defeat in their last six in the league. I’m sure Alex and Andy will send their side out to have a real go at us tonight, so we should be in for a good game.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:22 pm 

Stuck in a conference on "The State of the Planet" which is pretty depressing.
It was a bright sunny day with blossoms on the trees.
Hopin' the lads can keep the home record with a win tonight.
So, let's
BRING ON UNITED!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:33 pm 

Evening greetings from Derbyshire where it's absolutely belting it down. Hopefully it's not heading north.
Everything crossed for an important 3 points

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:39 pm 

Good evening my AA Chums from a cold, damp and breezy South Notts.
Me and Rob had a good time at BP on Saturday thanks to Malcolms, desptie lack of vegan meal (Lynette's vegan muffins were good though) and no footy. Poet was very good and I was glad I Rob and emotioanllt blackmailed him into doing a turn as we'd driven 120 miles to see him. At least I managed to deliver FC's sign board back to BP from Basford where it had been left the week before :roll:

Had a trip out to Linoln today to pick up an ebay purchase. It'll come as no surprise to you all that its a bike. I have long term plans to seriouly modify it. I will of course keep you posted on progress unfortunately. Mind you I'll have less time for spannering now I'm Sec of our bike club branch.

Took Mrs C to see consultant at the hospital this week and he remembered me from years back when we were planning to shut down the G8 in Gleneagles!

Anyway, less of this rambling, lets.......

BRING ON UNITED

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:40 pm 

Toph wrote:
Evening greetings from Derbyshire where it's absolutely belting it down. Hopefully it's not heading north.
Everything crossed for an important 3 points

Where in Derbyshire?

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:42 pm 

Greetings from what has been a windy, cold but mainly dry Isle of Man :)

Here's tonight's programme cover:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:43 pm 

And the team sheet c/o Statto Paul

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:43 pm 

FCUMinMadrid wrote:
Stuck in a conference on "The State of the Planet" which is pretty depressing.

Christ on a bike, that would be pretty miserable event :cry:

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:44 pm 

Evening all. Happy to be in your company for tonight’s big game. Chomsky: pissed that I didn’t get to meet you on Saturday, as I was there for a while. Anyway, back in Holland now (until end of the month then it’s back to Tokyo).

I’d just like to inform you all that NL railways have been doing their best to locate the lottery millions I left on one of their trains a while back...

Come on FC!!

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next