It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:58 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: FC United v Mickleover Sports 1/2/20 3pm ko
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:22 am 

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: FC United v Mickleover Sports 1/2/20 3pm ko
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:06 pm 

NEXT COMMENTARY:

FC Live returns this afternoon with coverage of the league game between FC United and Mickleover Sports

Here is Statto Paul's Preview
https://audioboom.com/posts/7493425-fc- ... r-sports-h

And remember if you cannot make this one in person, then tune in from 2.30pm on http://www.fc-radio.co.uk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:30 pm 

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW:

Last night, we caught up with FC United Manager Neil Reynolds to hear his thoughts heading into this afternoon's game with Mickleover Sports

https://audioboom.com/posts/7493473-pre ... r-sports-h

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:32 pm 

Hola all from a ‘normal service resumed’ southern Spain- 25degs 8-)
Best wishes of course to Alex and a speedy recovery.
VAMOS LOS ROJOS

Reno’s programme notes from today:

We left it late against Buxton last Saturday, but it ended up being a very well-earned point. I said prior to the match that we could expect a very different kind of game than we did at Broadhurst Park back in October.
Gary Hayward has shaken things up since coming in early December, and that has been reflected with impressive victories over the likes of Scarborough and Witton.
It was quite cagey early on, and they took the opening goal really well. There’s no question that what happened to Alex early on affected the lads. It was a very quiet dressing room at half-time - anyone who has played football and has seen that sort of injury happen will know what it’s like.
I don’t think Buxton can have any complaints about the red card; it was an awful tackle on Tunde. That left them with a long time to try and hang on to the lead, but they defended resolutely against the pressure we put them under.
Just when it looked like we were going to come away empty-handed, it was a moment of brilliance from Charlie Ennis to rescue a point for us. It’s Charlie’s 30th birthday today, so as a final footballing act of his 20s, that certainly wasn’t too bad!
It goes without saying that we want to win every game, but in the circumstances,
to come away with a point really showed the character of this squad, and in many ways, it felt like a victory.
The huge loss from the game was the injury to Alex Curran. It’s been confirmed that he broke his leg and suffered damage to his ankle ligaments.
Everyone is absolutely devasted for him – he’s been a big part of this side, and just an absolute pleasure to work with. Alex is a young lad, with a bright career ahead of him, and I look forward to seeing him back on a football pitch – and obviously the club will do whatever we are able to in assisting with his recovery.
It was disappointing to go out of the league cup to Sheffield FC here last time out. We did take the opportunity to make a few changes to the side, and we ended up in a really competitive game.
I think everyone was just about ready for penalties, when they nicked it right at the death. All credit to Sheffield, as they came here and played some really good football, and I wish them the best of luck for the rest of the competition.
We return to league action here at Broadhurst Park today as we host Mickleover Sports. After escaping relegation on the final day last season, John and his team have really turned things around so far this season. They’re knocking on the
door of the playoff spots, with victories over Nantwich and Stalybridge in the last few weeks keeping them right in the mix, so we’ll have to be at our best to come away with a win today – particularly with Curtis Jones missing through injury.
Finally, I wanted to give a quick reminder that we are in Manchester Premier Cup action against Irlam here on Tuesday night.
We’re just 90 minutes away from the final, and I’d love to see as big a crowd here as possible to cheer us on.
I was gutted to not get the opportunity to make it three wins in a row for us in the competition last season, and I’d love to make amends for that this year.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:33 pm 

Todays Games

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... r-division

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:34 pm 

Good afternoon my fine friends of the AA.

Deventer (Holland) is a cobweb-clearing blustery day with a little sunshine brightening things up occasionally.

Hoping for a bright end to this one. Could be nervy so emergency alcohol is close to hand ;)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:38 pm 

scarf wrote:

Hi there, scarf.

A Lancaster-Warrington draw would do nicely.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:46 pm 

Greetings from a windy & rather chilly Isle of Man. It's dry, so I'll take that :)

Here's the team sheet c/o Statto Paul

Last edited by paulthepen on Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm 

Homson-Smith starting ahead of Donohue surprises me

Best of luck and welcome to the new guys

400 up for Cam as well :)

Last edited by Singersue on Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:48 pm 

Hola DTTR (could be bothered typing Downtowntokyored - but I just did :lol:).
Even a Lancaster win, with 3 games in hand, wouldn’t be too bad but deffo not a Warrington win.
Just cracked a Mahou Maestra double lupulo 7.5% so I might not make the 2nd half ;)

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next