It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: FC United v Sheffield FC 21/1/20 Integro Cup 7.45pm ko
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:29 pm 

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: FC United v Sheffield FC 21/1/20 Integro Cup 7.45pm ko
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:59 pm 

I am going to be on a train with dodgy wifi during this one, the only dodgy thing about the evening, I hope. Thanks in advance for regular updates!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:25 pm 

NEXT COMMENTARY:

FC Live returns this evening with coverage of FC United against Sheffield FC in The League Cup.

Here is Statto Paul's Preview
https://audioboom.com/posts/7484031-fc- ... field-fc-h

And if you cannot make this game in person then tune in from 7.30pm on http://www.fc-radio.co.uk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:27 pm 

PRE MATCH LISTEN

This week's This Club is My Club

With reaction from Saturday's league match up at Whitby Town, as well as Sunday's league fixture for the Women's Team at home to Merseyrail.

https://fcumradio.podbean.com/e/this-cl ... uary-2020/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:29 pm 

Hola all from another damp day in Southern Spain. Snow on the very distant hills so a little nippy but that’s it. (Last time snow settled in our local town was 1954!!)
Sheffield are mid table in their league and average 2 goals scored and 2 conceded each game so not expecting a nil nil ;)
VAMOS LOS ROJOS

Reno’s programme notes from tonight:

It was great to get straight back to winning ways again at Whitby on Saturday.
Whilst we’ve won by bigger margins - and perhaps dominated teams more - when you consider the circumstances, I’d argue that Saturday’s victory is up there with our best performances of the season. We obviously needed to bounce back from the defeat we experienced at Barrow. Whilst you never want to see that sort of scoreline in the paper the next day, ultimately whether you lose by one or seven, you’re out of the cup. I was proud of the way the lads reacted – they never stopped trying to play our game. There’s an obvious gulf between ourselves and Barrow, in the way the clubs operate and the resources that are available, and that clearly showed in the end.
It was a great occasion to be involved in, and I wish Barrow all the best for the rest of the season, which I’m sure will see them gain promotion back to the Football League. It’s been a good run for us, bringing in some welcome prize money, and I hope we can go even further next season.
Prior to the Trophy game, we started off the year with a pair of league victories.
It took some real character to fight back against Radcliffe, and eventually see the game out. Against Hyde, we played some lovely flowing football and really controlled the game throughout.
Whitby was a very different challenge, largely due to the pitch. Whilst I understand that Whitby have faced some issues regarding pitch upkeep of late, in 25 years in football, I honestly can’t recall a worse surface than we saw on Saturday.
You have to be wary trying to play our sort of passing game on a surface like that, but I was pleased we tried to stick to it, rather than resorting to just lumping it forward. I think it’s fair to say that Whitby were very fortunate to get the equaliser, but all credit to them, as their ten men had a real go at us. We kept plugging away though, and it was a lovely ball from Charlie for Kyle Hawley to grab a goal in an important spot on his debut.
It was a second long away trip in a week – albeit thankfully a bit drier this time – and the fans were brilliant once again. I just hope my singing at the end wasn’t too bad!

I’m pleased to welcome the world’s oldest football club, Sheffield, to Broadhurst Park
this evening, as we fight it out for a place in the next round against Trafford.
Our main focus is obviously on the league, but this is certainly a competition I’d love to go on and win. That said, you will see some changes to the side tonight. It’s difficult to change things when we’re playing the way we are, and I know the lads understand that. This is a really high quality squad, with fierce competition for shirts, and I want to ensure that those players who haven’t been on the pitch as much as they might like get their chance.
The first half in the previous round against Glossop showed what can happen when we don’t turn up at our best, and we had to really fight to come through that. We don’t want a repeat of that tonight, and we certainly won’t be taking anything for granted. I’m looking forward to a really good game against an historic opponent.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:48 pm 

Radcliffe v Ashton only lge game tonight

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:38 pm 

Here's the team sheet c/o Statto Paul

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:40 pm 

Ref’s got a great name!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:45 pm 

The game is underway....

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:47 pm 

scarf wrote:
Ref’s got a great name!

Sounds like an Italian fashion designer :lol:

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next