It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: FC United v Grantham Town 21/12/19 3pm ko
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:09 am 

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: FC United v Grantham Town 21/12/19 3pm ko
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:50 pm 

PRE MATCH LISTEN:

This week's This Club is My Club

With reactions to FC United's win in the FA Trophy, and Sunday's hard fought point for the Women's Team.

https://fcumradio.podbean.com/e/this-cl ... mber-2019/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:15 am 

Well the auctions have finished until the new year so today I find myself on dog sitting duties for a good pal whose one year old collie is called Ole (I bet you can guess who he supports :lol: )

On paper a victory for FC seems likely today....but you don't win matches on paper, you win them on the pitch!

I think we'll be alright though :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:45 pm 

PRE MATCH LISTEN:

Following a Winter Break, Swampy's Red Rebel Radio returns with a preview for this afternoon's match with Grantham Town.

https://fcumradio.podbean.com/e/swampys ... mber-2019/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:42 pm 

Hola all from a windswept and wet....yes wet Southern Spain.
Just about recovered from 3 days of Gluhwein & bratwursts in and around Stuttgart for Mrs Scarf’s birthday.
Should win today BUT should have won in August so we need to be on it for the full 90.
VAMOS LOS ROJOS

Reno’s programme notes:

All eyes are back on the league today, but what a performance last week to see us progress to the Second Round of the FA Trophy with victory over Kettering Town.
It was this side’s first test against higher division opposition this season.
Despite their current league position in the National North, Kettering are no mugs, having previously been unbeaten under Paul Cox’s management.
That first half performance – and I know I keep saying this every week! – was as good as I’ve seen this season. We took control of the game and stopped them putting anything together. Paul said to me after the game that we were the best side he’s faced since taking over, which is very high praise indeed, considering that they played York City the previous weekend. It wasn’t a surprise to see them get a bit more of a foothold in the second half. Luke Griffiths being unavailable is always a blow, but Mike Donohue stepped in seamlessly, and we defended brilliantly as a unit. They put us under increasing pressure as the game wore on, but we stood firm.
Tunde made it seven goals in his last four games with another brace. The counter-attack for the second was worthy of gracing any league – a great run, followed by a perfect through ball from Regan Linney, and a finish to match. It ended up being a nervy last few minutes with them pulling one back, but we got the job done.
It’s not going to be an easy task at Barrow or Atherton in the next round, but we have some important league games to focus on before then.
We welcome Grantham Town to Broadhurst Park for the first time today.
I thought we were unlucky not to get something from the game at their place on the opening day of the season. We didn’t put the game to bed in the second half, and they made us pay for it late on – and the result is ultimately all that goes in the paper the next day. This team has obviously developed together a lot since then, and we’ve shown that we’re a match for anyone in this division.
Everyone came out of last week’s match fine. As I write, we expect to have everyone available for selection, including Luke Griffiths, and Louis Myers returning from his loan spell. The Gingerbreads haven’t been on the best of runs of late, but we saw back in August that they’re a dangerous side. Everyone wants to go into Christmas on the back of a win, so we’ll be on our guard - but with the way that we’re playing, we go into the game full of confidence.
Finally, on behalf of myself, my staff, and the players, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. We hope to see as many of you as possible at the Christmas party after the match tonight, and look forward to welcoming everyone back here in 2020.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:55 pm 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... r-division

Could go up to 5th or down to 11th today

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:43 pm 

Buenos días from a rain-washed Madrid, where the sun comes out from time to time but it's been rainin' non-stop for days.
Which is great news for the countryside, allotment, streams, rivers, lakes and reservoirs after a long summer.
Talkin' of the allotment...some debris cleared from the summer crops, compost and ash dug in and gettin' ready for winter.
Expect a win today but that will only happen if the lads apply themselves as they have done of late.
Booked flights for Easter week, beginin' of April, and hopin' to get 4 games in (from 4th to 14th April)
So, lookin' forward to watchin' a winnin' team but meanwhile...
BRING ON UNITED!!!

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:00 pm 

Team sheet...

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:04 pm 

Kicking into the SMRE second half :)

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:05 pm 

Greetings fellow members of the AA (from a cloudy but dry Netherlands).

Not having anything original to say (I know, when do I ever?) I will echo previous comments and hope that the team don’t already think this match is won.

Full commitment and a full 3 points. please!

Offline Profile  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next