It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: FC United v Lancaster City 30/11/19 3pm ko
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:41 pm 

Last edited by paulthepen on Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  
 Post subject: Re: FC United v Lancaster City 30/11/19 3pm ko
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:17 pm 

PRE MATCH LISTEN:

This week's This Club is My Club, with reaction and interviews from Saturday's FA Trophy encounter at Runcorn Linnets, as well as Sunday's top of the table clash for the Women's Team at home to Tranmere Rovers.

https://fcumradio.podbean.com/e/this-cl ... mber-2019/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:33 pm 

Hello my AA Chums from a very cold but thankfully dry South Notts.

I was not intending to spend much time in the garage this week but ended up installing a breather system in the Trike's diff to try and reduce the amount of oil that gets thrown onto the brakes.

But its the garden that I should be attending to. The onions, shallots and garlic were harvested a while ago and there's just a few celeriac in the raised beds where they can stay 'till needed. I should be spreading the compost from the mature bin, bagging up the leaves for leafmold and turning the new compost. But the weather has put paid to that.

Anyway, less of such matters or I'll start to sound like Fcuminmadrid ;)

Apologies from me for this game as I've made some muffins for Malcolms so I'll have to go to BP tomorrow :D

Have fun on here.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:11 pm 

Better check it's on before setting off chomsky, the frost covers were put on on Friday

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:16 pm 

Looks like I'll be missing this one too, part two of the big Raymotors car dealership auction in Ramsey
I'm helping out not bidding this week

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:19 pm 

MORNING!

This week's edition of Swampy's Red Rebel Radio is out now, featuring some form of preview for this afternoon's match against Lancaster City

https://fcumradio.podbean.com/e/swampys ... mber-2019/

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:05 pm 

NEXT COMMENTARY:

FC Live returns this afternoon with the league match between FC United and Lancaster City.

Here is Statto Paul's Preview

https://audioboom.com/posts/7438129-fc- ... ter-city-h

And if you cannot make this match in person then tune in from 2.30pm, on http://www.fc-radio.co.uk

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:41 pm 

Any word of a pitch inspection being needed at Broadhurst today? Been a good frost overnight further south here in Boston and no sign of the sun remedying that at the moment.

Oops, just seen the covers on the pitch so that should sort that out.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:43 pm 

Hola all from a lovely warm, windless Southern Spain.
Just about recovered from last weekend on the lash in West London with like minded footie/alcohol friends ;) I got back just in time to watch my local team, Coín, win a 7 goal thriller! A couple of great friends flew over to be with Mrs Scarf for the weekend :)
VAMOS LOS ROJOS

Reno’s programme notes from today:

It’s a return to league action today, to round off what has been a busy month of action in the various cup competitions. To say that we weren’t at our best in the first half against Glossop North End would be an understatement! There was perhaps a little bit of complacency, with the run that we’ve been on, but these blips are always going to happen.
I made it clear to the lads at half-time that we needed to up our game, and we were much better after the break. I’m really not a big fan of penalty shootouts, and that was a seriously nerve-wracking one! We certainly got a bit of luck with Jack’s penalty, but came through in the end with Cam Belford making some superb saves. Cam is a great lad, as well as a cracking goalkeeper, and it was superb to see him have a performance like that in front of the SMRE.
Last Saturday saw us travel to Runcorn Linnets as we aimed to book our place in the first round proper of the FA Trophy. This time, we got into our stride immedi- ately with another goal from Tunde. All credit to Linnets, as they came straight back at us and went in at half-time
still very much in the game. We had the chance to double the lead with an early penalty, but I thought we went on to take control of the game after that. Doddy certainly didn’t let his head drop after the penalty save, setting up Tunde for his second, and then keeping his goalscoring run going with a well-taken goal of his own to finish things off.
I think I speak on behalf of everyone at the club to say a big thank you to everyone at Runcorn Linnets for their hospitality. It’s nice to come up against another fan-owned club, and I think everyone had a fantastic day out.
It’s a shame that one side had to lose, but obviously I’m delighted to see us go through. I wish Linnets all the best for the rest of the season and look forward to meeting again in the near future.
There was a real buzz amongst the lads ahead of the draw at Monday dinnertime, and a serious belief that we can keep the Trophy run going against Kettering. The coaching staff and I will certainly all be down at Curzon Ashton on Monday to have a good look at them.
That home tie makes it a run of 4 straight home games games, starting today. The lads really cannot get enough of playing here at Broadhurst Park. From the minute they arrive at the ground – how they’re treated by the backroom staff, the grounds team, the catering team, and then running out to the crowd here – it’s as close to being a professional as it gets.
I think we saw how much it means to them to play for the club with the celebrations after the Trophy victory last week.
We welcome Lancaster City today for the return fixture, following our 0-0 draw up at Giant Axe in early September. That certainly wasn’t the best game, in difficult conditions, and ended up being quite a physical contest.
We’ve seen both sides really progress since – obviously with our own run
that we’ve been on, and the Dollies sitting second in the table with a victory over South Shields on their CV.
I know the sort of side that they will put out there, and equally they’ll be well aware of our style. They’re joint top-scorers in the league, and we’re not too far behind, so I think we should be in for an exciting game of football today, and hopefully we can keep our current run going.

Offline Profile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:26 pm 

PRE MATCH INTERVIEW:

Last night, we caught up with FC United Manager Neil Reynolds ahead of this afternoon's match with Lancaster City

https://audioboom.com/posts/7438160-pre ... ter-city-h

Offline Profile